5 Things I learned @ 22
1. I am a chronic procrastinator. More often than not I tell myself I won’t wait til the last minute and then I somehow manage to do it anyway. I’m working on fixing this.
2. I can’t measure my success against the success of others. I used to look at what every one else was doing and become very angry and jealous of the things they were accomplishing. But I soon realized that doing so wasn’t getting me any closer to my own goals, so now I merely congratulate them and move on. It’s much less stressful and I can enjoy my own lane.
3. I don’t always try my hardest when tasked with something I don’t want to do. And yet I hate having my name attached to crap. My goal this year is to make everything I do amazing.
4. I’m awesome. I mean that in the least cocky way possible. It’s just that for the most part I am happy with the way I present myself to the world everyday.
5. I want so much in life and I understand that I have to work hard for it. I know that it won’t be handed to me and I embrace the struggle.
I’m excited to see what I’ll learn this year at 23.